Wine Route Half Day Tour
The protestant refuges from France brought with them their finely tuned centuries-old viticultural skills, applied locally with immediate success. Their settlement in the 1680s around the newly established villages of Stellenbosch gave birth to what we know today as the cradle of the South African wine industry.
Minimum 2 passengers.
- Depart: 08h00 - 09:00
- Return: ±12h30
- Depart: 13h00 - 14:00
- Return: ±17h30
- Wine tasting on Stellenbosch Wine Estate
- Cheese tasting
- Stellenbosch orientation
- De Braak
- Dorp Street
- Cellar tour
- Second wine tasting
- Opportunity to purchase wine
Price: R490 (per person)
|PRIVATE TOURS (PER PERSON)|
What are Private Tours?
- You have the exclusive services of a guide and a vehicle at your disposal for the duration of your tour. In consultation with Klein Collection's travel consultant, you can plan an unforgettable touring experience of Cape Town and surrounds.
- Collection and drop-off from your suite or villa around Cape Town, entrance fees, two wine tastings and one cheese tasting.
- Surcharges may apply to collection and drop-off points outside of Cape Town.
As part of a package tour to South Africa, my wife and I went on a guided wine tour. Not being a wine fundi or even particularly fond of wine, I embarked on this wine tour with great trepidation. My wife on the other hand was quite excited about venturing into wine country and exploring the Cape wine farms. I think the wine gift basket we received as part of the package tour was the catalyst for my wifeâ€™s enthusiasm for doing the wine tour. These operators just know how...
We set off on our mission to discover the wonders of South African wine. I must admit that my reticence already started waning before our first stop. The Cape Winelands is certainly a beautiful part of South Africa and I was so absorbed in taking in the magnificent scenery made up of towering mountains and endless vineyards, I had completely forgotten my reluctance to do this wine tour. I must admit that my reticence suffered another blow at the wine tasting tour at our first wine estate. Here I was given my first taste of estate wine, and together with an explanation from our rather knowledgeable guide, I quite enjoyed it.
Before this day, I did not know the difference between sauvignon blanc wine and shiraz wine – yes I was as bad as that! Not wanting to show my ignorance, I kept my mouth firmly shut, only opening it to swallow this now delicious liquid on the wine tasting tour. As the day progressed, we visited a number of Cape wine estates and I learnt more about wine making and in truth, my appreciation of wine was growing with every wine tasting.
At the end of the wine tour, I must admit that my enthusiasm matched that of my wife. Needless to say, a wine tour in the Cape Winelands has become our firm favourite.
(Nic Wylie – UK)
What others had to say:
- "What a wonderful day out in the Winelands" (Higgins)
- "Everything was very good and the wine was excellent – this tour will stay in my heart" 11/08/09 (Confalonieri. J.)
- "Knowledgeable and good winery selection" 10/08/09 (Jacob & Liv. R)
- "Andrew's knowledge was outstanding – fantastic!" (Smith)
- "It was a pleasure to be on this wine trip" (Chan)
- "The tour was better than expected - excellent guide" (King)
- "Excellent day out" (Mullan)